Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wednesday, March 13, 2013



Reflection:  “My judgment is just, because I do not seek my own will but the will of the one who sent me.”  The thought of a God who always judges justly, who forgives without a second-thought, and who’s love is never ending can be a difficult concept to grasp.  We often try to put human qualities on God, because all we know are human qualities.  We know, however, that God is not constrained by our sinful and fallen nature, and can therefore accomplish these feates that we, as humans, struggle to accomplish on even a minor scale.  What great joy, though, to know that God will not judge us as humans do.  God knows our hearts and our love for Him, and He will judge us justly and accordingly. 

Reflection for younger saints:   God loves us, and when He looks at our life and the choices we made, He will judge us justly and judge our behavior with the loving eyes of a Father.

Big Picture:  Our Father is a just and loving Father

Discussion Starters:
     Younger saints:
  What does it mean to judge justly?  Do people always judge justly?  What does God tell us about judging others?
     Older saints:  Reflect on the statement “My judgment is just, because I do not seek my own will but the will of the one who sent me.”  Do you sometimes judge others?  Do you judge others and measure others against your own measuring stick?  What does God tell us about judging others?  Are we called to judge, or are we called to love and guide others toward God?

Fun Fact:  The Ambo is the lectern from which the sacred Word is proclaimed.

Saint of the day: 
     Name:
 Saint Leander of Seville
     What they are remembered for:  St. Leander of Seville introduced the practice of saying the Nicene Creed during Mass in the sixth century.  He spent much of his life serving the church and fighting against heresy.
     Feast day:  March 13
    
Daily Notes:
 

1 comment:

  1. Just a return visit to see if you have added any new posts. Thanks for putting up the follow widget I suggested. I am pleased to be your very first follower...one of just many to come. Could I persuade you to pay my blog a return visit and follow me as well?

    ReplyDelete